Property-Value Storage Engine
Property-Value Store (Cloud Storage)
At a high-level, a property-value store uses:
- Keys - Object keys are <Object UUID> and BLOB value keys are <Object UUID>:<Field UUID>
- Values - Objects are stored as cJSON. BLOB values are stored as UTF-8 text or binary data.
The details still need to be figured out. Is it just for storage of objects and BLOB/CLOB values, and a database (SQLite at a minimum) will be required to store and index objects and non-BLOB/CLOB values.
- Is the index required, or can it be rebuilt by "crawling" the object store?
- How are queries performed efficiently?
- Are recently/frequently accessed BLOB/CLOB values cached locally in some way?