webCOMAND 3.0.11 Released
COMAND Systems released webCOMAND 3.0.11 today, which introduces a web form processing API.
A new web form processing API makes it easier to produce and process HTML forms that populate corresponding repository objects from PHP code. In particular, form::form() produces an HTML form with inputs named after a content type's fields, which can be processed with a single call to form::update().
For more information, see the \io_comand_web\form webCOMAND Docs.
The following performance improvements, internal updates and bug fixes are also included in this update.
- New Database Library - A new database library centralizes and better organizes SQL/engine code, which is now utilized by repository diagnose and backup.
- Improved Backup - Repository backups are now faster and more storage efficient. The schema has also been updated to be more future proof.
- Isolated OS-Specific Code - Operating System specific process and memory management code has been moved into io_comand_util\system.
- Object Write Performance Improvements - Object submit now performance a recursive object load which cuts down on lazy load time dramatically. Several other optimizations were made in collection/cPath processing.
- Scheduled Task Timeout - Added timeout option to scheduled tasks and option to auto-kill if canceling goes on too long. Also now log results if cancel/kill events are triggered.
- Dimensional cPath Update - Updated cPath's append object method to support re-building the last several elements of a cPath when an embedded object of a different dimension is appended.